5 Tips for Buying Used Cars in Rapid City
Many budget-conscious Rapid City motorists who need a reliable vehicle can’t even consider buying a new one. So they are forced to take their chances with a used one. If you are in this situation, how can you find a vehicle that is going to serve you well for many years to come? Al’s D & I Repair presents five tips for used car buyers:
1. Ask for service records. Most owners who document regular maintenance service take care of their auto.
2. Inspect the vehicle thoroughly. Check for uneven tire wear, alignment troubles, suspension issues, strange sounds and funky odors.
3. If everything checks out up to this point, bring it to Al’s D & I Repair for a thorough used car inspection. Your courteous Al’s D & I Repair tech can give you a heads up on any pressing issues or emerging problems that will need to be addressed eventually. If the seller won’t let you do this before you buy, move on.
4. Buy a CarFax report. This will show any major collisions and title status concerns including whether it is a salvaged vehicle. You don’t want a car that was underwater for a week after Hurricane Sandy.
5. After you buy, stay on top of regular maintenance (and save the records). Al’s D & I Repair will help keep your car running well and you will enjoy not having a car payment.
At Al’s D & I Repair in Rapid City SD (57702) we install quality NAPA replacement parts. Give us a call at 605.348.1447. To learn more about NAPA AutoCare, visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com.